Ive finally done something. It feels good man.
(Video of the sketch sorry about the quality of the film follow the link by clicking the image)
I have to ask these questions…
- What does it mean to mould terracotta around my face?
- Is there any other terracotta masks like this?
- Where and how could the performance be posed differently?
- can anything else be added to the framework for the performance ?
- Spatially could this be framed better?
I think firstly I really enjoyed the process of the work. I feel that the material defiantly has something about the body, but how and were is something to research. Its earthly. Malleable. it can change and or stay the same. I feel that the imagery in the performance could be adapted, adding more costume a grey military-esk jumpsuit maybe? and the space needs to change, its home may not be in the studio even a brick wall could be effective. Id love to attempt this live with more people watching in a space that would allow me to move about. Framing it for a video otherwise would have to be done differently. I reference ‘Samsara’  – Olivier de Sagazan.
But these questions now need to be answered in detail.