I went to Tata Britain to see the exhibition Impressionists in London. This is exhibition is definitely my favorite exhibition recently seen, when I faced the original work I was very shocked and excited. Besides skill and colors, I am most attracted by the strong atmosphere and aura of the works, I feel the sensation of placing themselves into the depicted scene. I still think the art should not be simple repeats or lamination of language, characters, concept or experience, but distinctive expression through the interpretation of all the senses. This can build a certain intuition between the viewers and the art.

Whistler’s aim in this picture, as in all his Nocturnes, is to convey a sense of the beauty and tranquility of the Thames by night. This work can make me instantly quiet, I can bring my emotions into the picture. I think that is the most value of the artwork.

Nocturne: Blue and Silver – Cremorne Lights 1872 James Abbott McNeill Whistler 1834-1903 Bequeathed by Arthur Studd 1919 http://www.tate.org.uk/art/work/N03420