So far I have created 16 different text badges 8 in RED and 8 in WHITE as below

Each piece is
New Limited Edition Mini L.E.D digital text badge.
9.3 x 3 x 1.1cm
2017
Limited edition of 5

EVERYDAY IS A RITUAL BASED ON BELIEF (RED)

BY VIRTUE OF IT’S NATURE (RED)

JOINING INFINITY (RED)

THE HUMANITY (RED)

THE FALL (RED)

DAS ANDERE ICH (RED)
Translated German – DAS ANDERE ICH to English – THE OTHER ME

WHERE IS THIS UTOPIA YOU SPEAK OF? (RED)

AGE OF POST-REALITY (WHITE)

A THRESHOLD BETWEEN STATES (WHITE)

WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING SHADOWS (WHITE)

FIND THE EYES TO SEE (WHITE)

AMONGST THE DIN (WHITE)

LET AWARENESS BEGIN (WHITE)

THE ALL EMBRACING EVERYTHING (WHITE)

CAST THEIR IMAGE (WHITE)

While thinking up new ways to get the word(s) out and reach a wider audience and making my work more accessible, having a background in screen printing and t shirt design one idea I had was of course to create t shirts with BOLD attention grabbing text, to cross the boundary between art and fashion, between ‘high art’ and urban culture, to get the text out in the everyday world. While this may be something I experiment in the future I am well aware that this has been done exhaustedly(perhaps with good reason), so want to come up with something else that had the same effect and that could be public facing, I came across these digital badges. These allow the text to be brought into a contemporary, futuristic look of the digital age(although some would argue that LEDs have been around for years having been invented inĀ 1962 and used by numerous artists in the past)they still hold up this idea and I think they can be symbolic of a marriage between neo-futuristic and spiritual ideals.

Each badge comes with 1 sentence preprogrammed in, a usb cable to charge the device with a pin and/or magnetic attachments so you can wear it anywhere or hang it on the wall. Available in BLUE, GREEN, WHITE, YELLOW, RED(subject to availability)

Email exhibit@blairzaye.com for details on how to purchase.

Music on video is by –
IED
www.facebook.com/iedmusic

I intend to work in parallel with this aesthetic by bringing bigger LED pieces into my work either as stand alone artworks or as elements with in my paintings.