Millennials. Lazy, selfish, narrcistic, self-entitled, social media and smart phone addicted monsters. If you were born between 1980 and the year 2000 turns out you 
fall under the bracket of this term and victim to all the criticism that goes with 
it. Granted, the term 'millennial' was not assigned to ourselves by ourselves, 
rather, by an older generation, generalising us all to give themselves permission to universally ridicule, condescend and insult us for being the 'worst generation 
ever'. It's easy to point the finger, and don't get me wrong, I'm aware we have our flaws. Yes, we spend a lot of time on the internet and on our smartphones, but do
people really believe they wouldn't be doing the same if it was of their time? It's coming from our parents and their parents who had it 'a lot tougher' than us
growing up and that it has all been handed to us on a silver platter.
Admittedly, we may not share the same hardships that pervious generations had to 
tackle, but we have our own new set of challenges to face, that pervious
generations didn't. I'm not going to attempt to mention the problems that our so 
much 'loved' technology burdens us with daily , rather the pressures on identity, 
and debt from student loads to get an education that doesn't even guarantee a job at the end, with the impossibility of ever being a home owner. On top of that, we are expected to be everything all at once. Amidst the continual millennial bashing, we 
must recognise the good that has came from our generation so far. We use the 
internet and social media as a way to curate, express and communicate ourselves in 
ways that could never have been imagined. We are a generation of open mindedness, 
paving the way in sexual freedom, acceptance and social liberation, and are the most environmentally considerate and aware than any generation before us. To me, that 
defines us better than how many selfies we take...

So please, just give us a break!

Yasmine Robinson