My main subject of MA is the invasion of Iraq in 2003 and the consequences of that ill thought decision that led to loss of lives of thousands of innocent people and almost the destruction of infrastructure of Iraq. In my view what happens in Iraq during the war and the aftermath of it constitutes crimes against humanity.

This war has created a circle of vicious violence that we see the impact of it today. It has resulted in killing hundreds of thousands and displacement of Millions of Iraqis. It also let to the rise of sectarian tension and violence among the Iraqi people. Also Iraq became a breeding ground for fundamentalist Islamism and let to the emergence of radical terrorist groups like ISIS.

As an artist I feel it is my duty to convey to the world the true impact of this war on the Iraqi people and Iraqi society as what have been reported in the media in general it is not a true reflection of what is happening on the ground and I do strongly believe that there is a role for art and artists like me who witnessed this war to show the brutality and devastation of this war to the wider world.

Gardenia White