PERHAPS… 2017
Emulsion,Spray Paint, and Working Light Fixing on Rusted Corrugated Iron
250x215cm

PERHAPS…
THE TIME HAS COME
FOR THE UNIVERSAL
SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF….?

From the new ‘The Nature Of Reality’ Series using ‘real world’ found objects blurring the line between not only painting, sculpture and installation but also reality and fantasy much like the masterful illusion of theatre. The rusted corrugated iron a relic of the past used as a symbol of degradation of a post-industrial, consumerist society and the use of text/graffiti lit by bulkhead light, used a mechanism to ‘PERHAPS’ offering ‘a new’ or at least suggest the possibility of ‘a new’ of sorts.. A synthesis of old and new schools of thought along humanities (r)evolutionary trail.

There is also the cctv footage of its creation… I really like the use and layout of a split screen, I think it works really well to get all angles at once. Although I’m not sure this video is as perhaps as interesting as previous more theatrical videos it works well as a documentational piece.

YouTube Preview Image

Music – Faust by Wagner

From Wikipedia ‘Faust is a charlatan who is highly successful yet dissatisfied with his life, which leads him to make a pact with the Devil, exchanging his soul for unlimited knowledge and worldly pleasures’

Blair Zaye