Last week was the week for impromptu, I found myself the recipient of numerous off cuff, particularly good hearted gestures. Beginning with a stranger buying me eggs on toast, receiving a free cinema ticket and ending with a free invite to the ‘War & Peace in British Art’ Lecture hosted by the Friends of Millbank including Pizza.

An interesting group embedded heavily into military medical history. Once based at the Millbank site, namely the Queen Alexandra Military Hospital, No. 18 Company RAMC and the Royal Army Medical College. They meet in the former Officers’ Mess and hold lectures on medical history.

Tate lecturer Sarah Stopford gave a piercing and compelling talk of Patriotism and Protest. Painting as a documentary like process becomes heavy handed representation. War artists of their time depict moments of trauma, pain and suffering. With mainstream consumerism and advertising acting as cover up for propaganda . These artists believed their work would be emblematic in giving the public the truth.

Henry Tonks (1916-18) – Victims of war

Jeremy Dellars 2007 piece ‘Baghdad’ featuring a car damaged in the bombing of the historic Mutanabbi Street book market, which resulted in the deaths of 38 people.

This art as agency and purpose is in demand from my own art practice. Certain topics are hard to discuss or are even too difficult to engage with. My previous work tried to deal with loss as a sculptural symbolic Cartharis. Developing my work, I will look at social interdisciplinary art practices and the way in which a third party involvement as an additional party to the Epidemic and artist relationship. Observing the involvement of public, artist commission, institution, charity and local councils.

Continuing experimentation with unconventional methods to expose scepticism and epidemics. This conversation of true, fair honest artistic representation questions cases of discrimination, inequality and exploitation of human rights. The topic, the story, the words become the power and legs behind the work. I think I will start to interview/record real world issues.

The Imperial War Museum – is running a new series – “Age of Terror, art since 9/11” – Meeting victims.

This is a unique opportunity to join eyewitnesses and those affected by recent terrorist attacks in the UK and abroad for a conversation; to hear their personal stories, ask questions and take part in a discussion.