Derrida’s blind man is the antithesis of the subject of view/knowledge. He wants to use other senses to replace vision, or he wants to excavate the interwoven relationships of all kinds of senses, to criticize the division of the senses since the enlightenment. The fingertip opens an eye that does not have eyelid, search, depict, leave a trace. Give up the search for vision and the encounter, the use of knowledge and power, across all the cutting of the sensory boundaries. The hand also has an ear, listening to the unspoken and coming threats, and turning them into memories. Touch is the depiction of memory, the capture of an elephant that never has time to fix its eyes, the motion of the painting is the hand that the blind seeks, the integration of the fragments of memory. In derrida here, there is no available for viewing and simulation of the overall landscape, painting is the aperspective, blind, don’t look at it, just do a period in hand, not wholly grasp the desire.

When it comes to dealing with a blank SLATE, he refers to a sense of doubt that cannot be traced back to the model. As if, just as I was about to write, I couldn’t see the object. Because it escaped immediately, out of sight. …… As long as it was still in front of me, it rebelled against me, like through the radiance of light, and produced a kind of invisibility that it kept for me, a kind of dark night that I had chosen. ”

Surrealist painter Max Ernst ever also has some unique insights to the visual, he want us to close your eyes, with the inner eye, inner eye is met the subject and object, is to automatically and from the Angle of opportunity. He said that faced with a blank sheet of paper, he had a sense of virginity, a sense of anxiety. Although we see a different kind of unease about objects, as derrida says, we also see a sense of unease that has forced Max Ernst to abandon his visual approach. He would draw with a pair of hands, the French so-called frottage, the brushwork.

Actually surrealism instead of the visual context for a long, collage, printing, and stamps, shear, etc., these techniques, the role of visual and creation was to a minimum, vision in the sense of touch and memory, surrealist painter is first and foremost a blind painter, his hands instead of eyes, with the shadow of the invisible depict the outline of the things. The characteristic of the technique is its touch, a memory of things, and the appearance of the surface of the paper. What we see is another kind of photography, which is the shadow of the invisible transformation of the material on the paper. The light on the film is transformed into a shadow of carbon powder and shadow, the shadow of the object and the object, and the hand of memory lacks the touch of time and space.