Veronica

The title Veronica is based in a Spanish film. The Spanish horror sees a teenage girl attacked by an evil supernatural force when using a Ouija board. Along with two classmates, Veronica attempts to contact her dead father, but gets much more than she bargained for. While the film is an original story, the script is loosely based on the true events of the 1991 Vallecas case, involving the sudden death of Estefanía Gutiérrez Lázaro. The Spanish teenager and her friends were playing with a Ouija board, but when were stopped when their teacher found them. Following the use of the Ouija board, Estefanía’s parents discovered she was hallucinating, convulsing, hearing voices and seeing “evil” shadows. While she was examined by a number of doctors, no one could figure out what was wrong with her. A few months later she was discovered dead in her bedroom, with no explanation of cause of death. Estefanía’s parents believed her sudden passing had something to do with that Ouija board and after her death they claimed to experience paranormal activity at home. Her parents said they witnessed slamming doors, faint whispering and electric appliances switching on and off. But when they finally moved house, that all stopped.

It’s inspired by the story of Estefania Gutierrez Lazaro – who died after playing with a Ouija board

When I have watched this film on Netflix, I was unsure if there was a true story film or not but until then when the film finished – there was a description coming up what exactly happened to this girl Estefania Gutierrez Lazaro who died after playing with a Ouija board, I kind of believed it. It means that the supernatural activity exists if they are on séance.

The Enfield Poltergeist 

The rasping male voice sent a chill through the room. Hauntingly, it delivered a message from beyond the grave, describing in graphic detail the moment of death. ‘Just before I died, I went blind, and then I had an ’aemorrhage and I fell asleep and I died in the chair in the corner downstairs.’ The eerie voice — which can still be heard on audio tapes today — is purportedly that of Bill Wilkins. The recording was made in Enfield, North London, in the Seventies, several years after his death. Most horrifying of all, however, was that the voice was coming from the body of an 11-year-old girl, Janet Hodgson. She appeared to be possessed. It could have been a scene from the film The Exorcist — but it was real. It involved levitation, furniture being moved through the air, and flying objects swirling towards witnesses. There were cold breezes, physical assaults, graffiti, water appearing on the floor, and even claims of matches spontaneously bursting into flame.

Ghost Adventures: The Titanic Museum

Zak and the crew investigate the massive Titanic Museum in Branson, Missouri. Employees believe the spirits of the 1,496 people who lost their lives on April 14, 1912, have found their way to the museum dedicated to their memory.