From my previous work, I have interested in light. Wherever there is light, there is inevitably a mysterious follower—-the shadow. So, I did a simple investigation of shadows. As we all know, shadows are always black and each thing can only have one shadow, but not all shadows are black. Shadows can be colored by some artificial intervention. However, it is not a simple matter to create colorful shadows. First of all, I found some colored transparent objects to put light on them, but it only appears fuzzy halo on the wall, it is not the result I want, and then I studied the basic physics of light and combined some of the previously learned color three-element art theories. In the end, this experiment was successful. I will show this experimental result in the unit2 interim show.

My inspiration comes from a photographer André Kertész, (French: [kɛʁtɛs]; 2 July 1894 – 28 September 1985), born Kertész Andor, was a Hungarian-born photographer known for his groundbreaking contributions to photographic composition and the photo essay.

And I also inspired by a visual artist named Miguel Chevalier. He had a visual installation in Italy in the year of 2014.The installation named Magic carpets.  Magic Carpets is an installation that unfolds at nightfall on the floor of the octagonal inner courtyard at the Castel del Monte, the thirteenth-century architectural masterpiece commissioned by Frederick II, head of the House of Hohenstaufen. With its unique architecture based on the number 8, Castel del Monte is an edifice imbued with a mathematical and astronomical rigor that adopts the shape of the octagon. To each of the octagon’s eight angles corresponds a tower that itself is octagonal. The positioning of the Castel del Monte has been carefully designed to create special symmetries of light on solstice days. This symbolic system has drawn the passionate interest of experts on account of its oddity and esotericism. Moreover, Castel del Monte is lacking in the features characteristic of the military monuments of its time, such as ramparts, moats, and stables. It is a one-of-a-kind building that has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.

The Magic Carpets installation revisits through digital art the tradition of mosaics, which prefigure the advent of pixels. Mosaics were highly present at the castle, as they were throughout Italy. Pictures made up of unstable black-and-white mega-mosaics/pixels successively slide into vividly saturated color spirals that swirl about, performing veritable choreographic movements set to music by Jacopo Baboni Schilingi. A pixelated or organic world, just like the symbolism of the octagonal form present here, the transition from the (square) earth to the (circular) sky is represented through Magic Carpets. This artificial universe seems to rejoin that of life. Everything comes together, comes apart, and alters shape at top speed.
As the viewers move about the space, they create beneath their feet disturbances in the trajectories of these mobile, interlaced patterns. Colorfully sinuous curves ripple forth, thus reestablishing connections also with the shimmering tapestries of the Middle Ages. These arabesques generate completely new visual experiences that are not unreminiscent of the psychedelic universes of the artificial paradises of the 1970s. This world of moving colors and shapes takes us, as in a giant kaleidoscope, on an imaginary and poetic voyage.
The Magic Carpets installation is presented inside this architectural work where the perfection of its forms, inspired by classical Antiquity and the Cistercian Gothic of Northern Europe in association with the Islamic world, immerses us in the fantastic and mysterious universe of the Middle Ages.

So I did this research on the lights, shadows and the visual arts.but I think all of this artworks are based on natural elements and geometric shape in the world.