From HYPER • GENDER to HYPER • SEX PART III _ Bucking Barrel Dildo

From
HYPER GENDER
to

HYPER SEX

PART III

Bucking Barrel Dildo

During the last term, my research fluctuated between issues of erotic self-satisfaction. How we experience gender or how we can overcome the boundaries of sex. After my work on human genitalia and penetration, I started objectifying human pleasure through a series of drawings and object experimentations in an effort to express this passive aggressiveness between lovemaking and dirty sex, between feeling comfortable in your own clothes on not so much.

One of my final ideas was to create a Bucking Barrel that will be provided for masturbation for both men and women. Bucking Barrel re-enacts bull riding. It is usually a homemade junk metal or plastic car oil barrel treated as a horse or a bull and serves both as a means of training for the ‘real ride’, as well as a means of stamina demonstration in your back yard.

Barrel riders after training

As a result, my piece, the bucking barrel dildo, made for humping satisfaction is brought about by this confrontation between object and image through a piece of rough training equipment such as bull riding.