**SKIN FOR SALE***

It all started from the body, from flesh. I had my first tattoo done when I was 17, I spent a long time doodling the image, deciding over the right one, drawing different versions of the zodiac symbol of a Capricorn. There was no way I would have gone for the ‘tramp stamp’ they called it, but it was close. Next one was some spiral symbol on my foot, ‘made in Thailand’ a desperate drunk wanting to imprint a memory of that moment, a moment of love, of intoxication…first travels with my boyfriend at the time.

I had my belly pierced when I was 15, then my tongue..it was the pain. Reflecting on these impulsions, it resonates a time, a social pressure, a fashion, a feeling, a moment of growing up.

The POWER of taking out the pheasants throat, the POWER of being in control of the disembodiment of this life. Function is real and numbness is a thing. Its not just about a ritual, or any sort of belief, its about violence. Its about taking control, having the power to create something from anything, even animal skin, just like one can take power over life, to kill, to gorge on flesh, its beyond being an animal in ourselves to being lazy, conformed to living in a set of systems, layers.

Finding my own tribe..rituals in scarfication and body marking

In the search of consent.

Have you ever met a Psychopath? How normal are they?

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Idea- homemade century eggs!

GIF

YOKO ONO- Performance-

PLEASURE vs PAIN

Joining the pain,

Joining two alien objects so that their not alone- how to connect pain

Find a way to control order

Grounding in something real

USE REAL PEOPLE

PHYSICAL BODIES AND SENSATIONS

Finding ways to connect bodies through material, in an assemblage

Can be ritualistic, literary connecting through lines

Violence

Piercing

Violence as healing

SUPRESSION

A scold is paraded through the commuinty wearing the ‘bridle’, an iron contraption used to punish women with a sharp tongue. Significantle, a similar device was used by European slavetraders in Africa to subdue their captives and carry them to ships.- developed in the middle ages.

Women were accused of being unreasonable, vain, wild, wasteful. Especially blamed was the female tongue, seen as an intrument of insubordination.

The definition of women as demonic beings and the atrociuos and humiliating practices to which so many of them were subjeced left indelible marks in the collective female psyche and in womens sense of possibilties. From every view point: socially, economically, culturally, politically- the witch-hunt was the turning point in women’s lives. (Caliban and the Witch, Silva Federici)