Private thinking. Research.

Research document:

Practice analysis feedback: Pigments out of particular sites. Onya Mccausland /Dan Smith Spiritual /The spiritual in abstract art /Be specific about colour.  I am not sure..the vastness of The Infinite and The Absolute cannot be contained into me thinking about a specific colour to represent and paint with. It becomes pyre science otherwise and this is not the direction I chose. Others understanding of the spiritual in my work is no longer of importance but the sentiment, the feeling the lifestyle is.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Alicante trip plans and making mystery out of the desire to escape into the nothingness again, connect with shell-people, sand and blue skies.

I could have my off-site solo show in the Airbnb apartment and on the beach.

Bring art work to document on paper and alternative materials.

Large bed sheets… Recycling/ upcycled textiles. Think artist Rachel B Hayes who worked with Missoni and works in nature

Rachel B Hayes. Connected sister through friends in Cali. Collaborations with Missoni. Showing the landscape, showing nature in reverence to and in honour of it.

Noémie Goudal
Les Amants (Cascade)
2009
C-type, lightjet print
168 x 210 cm

Getting into nature. working in nature. Away form the city. I sometimes question whether I am learning from this MA, if I am furthering my practice or if the conflicting feedback about the work is a temptation for me veer off and get distracted…I believe staying true is true. Listen.

Receiving encouraging emails from mentors I have known as professors or artist friends always help and guide.

“Personally I prefer the paintings which you are so good at , the spiritual illusion is your forte, other worlds, layered space, and that beautiful relaxed way you have with mark making, its as though its a sensual extension of your body.The scale size and manipulation of image is spot on.Have you tried small sized paintings , A4 size as a way of extending the work , but smaller rather than bigger.Or making small sculptures which are geometric to give the colour something to hang on to, a form.I am on my way to Spain for 3 months to work in the sun
Take care
Rob”
Robert Ward. Abstract Sculptor. Ex Head of Fine Art department at Leeds University.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
I have been moving into a new direction that has been complementary to my belief system. Bring out the non tangible into the tangible. the 4d, 5d plus… I would like to work on a variety of paintings, install them across and in front of each other in a space, giving the illusion of the 5d.
Reimagining a Terry Frost but rather than balancing I am bringing forward, bringing through.
Terry Frost. Flowers Gallery.

Think eco:

Recycled upcycled materials

See through thread ( is it eco?)

Bath tub dies

Horse hair paint brushes.

Bill Viola life death rebirth inspiration

Think about what people want to see in the world.

Hanging life. In the balance between Life and Death, the beginning  and the end.

Digital paintings/ sketches exploring  The Life Force energy. How do I interpret that with rope, hanging?

Using the materials I already have, own can purchase other that the canvas found in hardware stores or art suppliers. I use dust drop clothes, the residue, the remain, the rest of the painted. The process of painting itself.

Sam Gilliam. His play with The Painting yes but more so the colourfield crushed, hung, stretched and pullied up and across is the play I enjoy experiencing.

Playing with it, she tells me what to do, where to drip and extend, get those kinks out, the knots we find in our muscles, so tight from tension, held up and constrained in the confines of a 4d world and square frame.

Colombia.

She calls me over the wind,

A whisper,

Over the oceans,

A smack,

Reminding me of the realty of who I actually am.

I could never fit it.

Always the outsider

and I’m cool with that.

There are other outsiders that together with form an Inside.

To lose our feet, travel, swim, fly and hang.

SO I think about how it would be like to be me in the work.

As a river, as a wave, as an arch, praise be, an assembly.

Cut off corners and sharp edges. Soft, soft , soft, now. Smooth circle. Curvilinear.

BSMT Dalston, London. 13th Hour. Group with Tom, Manon, Pippa and Rosie. Show preparations.